JKSSB Instructions for candidates appearing in CBT exam.
JKSSB The Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board is going to conduct Computer Based Written Test (CBT) for various posts, starting from 29th of November, 2022, as per the schedule already notified.
The CBT requires the candidates to answer the questions, through a specific and unique procedure. Every CBT comes with a detailed set of steps to be followed while attempting the test, covering wide set of aspects ranging from starting the test, filling the responses, submission of the same and completion of the test. Therefore, the candidates are supposed to go through the exact procedures, before they enter the examination hall on the day of the test.
Accordingly, in order to ensure that the candidates need to be well versed with the procedure(s) to be followed for attempting the Computer Based Test(s), to avoid any difficulty on the day of test, a set of Instructions, including the step by step procedure to be followed, before and during the test, are hereby notified for information of all the candidates for strict adherence.
Besides, the General Instructions, to be observed by the candidates during these Examinations, are also notified herewith.
JAMMU & KASHMIR SERVICES SELECTION BOARD RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATE
1. Candidates are advised to download the First level of Admit Card seven (07) days before the exam date which has details of Exam City, Exam Date and Exam Time.
2. Please download both pages of admit card and read the instructions given on Page-2 of Admit Card carefully, and strictly adhere to them.
3. Candidates are advised to download the Final /Level-2 of Admit card three (03) days prior to the exam date depicting the Name and Address of Exam Centre.
4. The candidate must reach the Examination Centre at the time as indicated against Reporting/Entry time
at the Centre, in the Admit Card.
5. Candidates are advised not to carry any item other than the allowed items mentioned in the Admit Card. Responsiblity for safekeeping of any Personal belongings shall lie with the candidate.
6. Procedure to be followed before entering the Exam Hall:
🡺 Information on Notice Board: Candidates are advised to check below details from the Notice Board:
● Allotted Block No./Floor No./Lab No.
● Items allowed & Not Allowed inside the exam Center.
● Information regarding safekeeping of personal belongings.
🡺 Queue Formation: Candidates must stand in the queue.
🡺 Document check: Admit card with self-Declaration, 02 Passport Size photographs and original photo ID
proof will be checked and verified at the Entry gate.
🡺 Metal Detector Frisking: Candidate must undergo Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD).
🡺 Registration Process: Photograph and Left-hand thumb impression will be captured before the exam.
🡺 Seat Allotment: After Registration, Seat No. will be allotted to the candidate. Invigilators will guide the
candidates to their Seats.
7. No candidate shall be permitted to enter the Examination centre after the Gate Closing Time.
8. Candidates are advised not to adopt any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices. All
the Examination Centres will be monitored through CCTV surveillance. Resorting to such practices shall result in
cancellation of the candidature in respect of the examination and debarring from future examinations.
9. On instructions of the invigilators, candidates can start their first login – using Roll number.
10. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions appearing on the computer screen thoroughly before
Exam start time.
11. Candidates can go for their second login at the exam start time using:
● Login ID: Roll Number
● Pin Number: Mentioned on the Admit Card
● Password: Will be provided by the invigilator
12. Once you Login, you will enter the Test screen. On the left-hand side you will find your Name and Roll No.
along with your photograph. In the center of the Test Screen, you will find the Questions along with 4 options. On
the right-hand side of the test screen, you will see the Question Palette. In case of any discrepancy please inform
13. The questions will be displayed on the screen one at a time with their respective four options.
14. A radio button is provided against each answer option for a question. Select one answer by clicking the respective Radio Button, as illustrated below.
15. The countdown timer in the top right corner of the Test screen will display the remaining time available
for you to complete the Test. When the timer reaches zero, the test will end, automatically.
16. You can visit any question anytime during the test as per your convenience only during the time stipulated.
17. Sign your Attendance sheet. Invigilator will mention your System number against your Roll Number. Crosscheck the same.
18. Candidates are not allowed to leave the Examination Room/ Hall before the end of the Examination.
19. Once the exam is automatically over, look for “THANK YOU” page on your screen.
20. Do not leave your seat until “Thank you” screen comes up.
21. Submit your duly filled in Admit Card to the invigilator before leaving the examination Hall/Room. Failure
to do so may result in the non- evaluation of your answers.
22. Upon completion of the examination, please wait for instructions from Invigilator and do not get up from
your seat until advised.
GENERAL CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS
1. The candidate must reach the Examination Centre at the time notified in the Admit Card.
2. No candidate shall be permitted to enter the Examination centre after the Gate Closing Time.
3. No candidate shall be permitted to leave the Examination Room/ Hall before the completion of the Examination.
4. Upon completion of the examination, please wait for instructions from Invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised. The candidates will be permitted to move out, one at a time only.
5. All candidates are required to download the instructions and read them carefully, and strictly adhere to them.
6. The Admit Card consists of 02 pages- Page 1 contains the Candidate and Centre Details & Page 2 has “Important instructions for candidates”. The candidate has to download both pages. THE PRINTED ADMIT CARD IN ORIGINAL SHALL BE BROUGHT ALONG TO THE EXAMINATION CENTRE AND KEPT AVAILABLE. THE SCANNED OR PHOTOCOPIES OF ADMIT CARDS SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED/ENTERTAINED.
7. THE CANDIDATE SHALL KEEP 02 COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHS WITH HIM/HER.
8. The Admit Card is provisional and is subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions as given in the advertisement notification.
9. The Admit Card is valid only for the stipulated date, time and shift specified thereon.
10.The Candidates are advised to verify the location of the Test Venue, a day in advance so that they do not face any problem/inconvenience in accessing it ,on the day of the Test.
11.NO REQUEST FOR CHANGE IN EXAMINATION CENTRE OR SHIFT SHALL BE ENTERTAINED.
12.No Candidate would be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without Admit Card and Declaration, Valid ID Proof, and proper frisking. Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD) will be carried out.
13.The Candidates will be permitted to carry only the following items with them into the examination venue :
a. Personal transparent water bottle,
b. Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
c. A simple transparent Ball Point Pen or Pencil.
d. Admit Card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the JKSSB website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
e. Additional passport size photographs for pasting on the Admit Card and Attendance sheets.
f. Original valid ID proof.
14.Before reaching the Centre, candidates must enter the required details in the Self Declaration (Undertaking) in legible handwriting and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place on the Admit Card.
15.The Candidates must carry “Any one of the valid Photo Identification Proof in original issued by the Government” – PAN card/Driving Licence/Voter ID Card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph), Print of e-Aadhar with Photo, College/University ID, Employer ID (Govt./PSU). Any Identification Document/Photocopies of Identification
Document even if attested shall not be entertained.
16.The Facility of Scribe shall be available as per the , provisions laid down in the Advertisement Notification(s) and an extra time of 20 minutes per hour shall be granted to the candidates, eligible for facility of Scribe.
17.The Candidates are NOT allowed to carry any other personal belongings including electronic devices, or mobile phones to the Examination Centre. Officials deployed at the Exam centre will not be responsible for the safekeeping of personal belongings and there will be no facility for their safe storage. Besides, possession of books, notes, bits of papers,geometry/pencilbox,plastic,pouch,scale,writing,pad,eraser,cardboard,watch/wristwatch,wallet,goggles,handbags,microphones,camera,headphones,pendrives,pager,Bluetoothdevices,calculator,debit/credit cards,electronic pen/scanners,food and beverage, arms/weapon,hair pins/clips, jewellery/ornaments etc and any objectionable items is strictly prohibited in the examination premises/centre and possession of any such item shall be considered as a
case of unfair means, non compliance of which shall lead to cancellation of candidature besides action under law.
18.The Candidates may be debarred and disqualified from the examination for any of the following reasons:
a) Attempting the examination for someone else, that is, impersonation;
b) Giving or receiving assistance of any kind during the examination & communication in any form to/from other candidates or outsiders;
c) Tampering or attempting to tamper with the computer system or posing hindrance in the smooth conduct of the examination;
d) Leaving the test Centre without permission;
e) Exchanging any papers, documents or any other material with other candidates or found to change the Seat allotted;
f) Using prohibited aids, items not allowed, such as:
a. Communication / pervasive devices like mobile phone, camera, digital watch, smart watch, Bluetooth device, ear phone, microphone, pager, health band;
b. Printed or handwritten material, bits of paper, Calculator, Pen Drive, eraser, Log Table, electronic pen or scanner;
g) Attempting to copy/download examination questions or answers (in any format) from another candidate or from the computer.
h) Attempting to access any unauthorized software/program during the examination.
i) Failing to follow instructions given by invigilators or is found indulging in any unfair means.
j) Perform any type of activity causing obstruction in the smooth conduct of exam.
19.Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are NOT permitted.
20.Blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination Hall/Room. The Candidates must write their name and Roll Number at the top of each of the sheet(s) and must submit the sheet/s to the invigilator without fail, after the conclusion of exam before leaving the Examination Hall/Room. Failure to do so may result in a non-evaluation of your answers.
21.Duly filled in Admit Card must be submitted to the invigilator before leaving the examination Hall/Room. Failure to do so may result in the non- evaluation of you answers.
22.No Candidate should adopt any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices. All the Examination Centres are under surveillance of CCTV. Resorting to such practices shall result in cancellation of the candidature in respect of the examination and debarring from future examinations.
23.The candidate should ensure that the Question Paper available on the computer screen is as per his/her applied post indicated in the Admit Card. In case, in case of any mismatch, the same may be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
24.The Candidates are advised to check updates on JKSSB website, i.e. www.jkssb.nic.in regularly. They should also check their mailbox on the registered e-mail address and SMS in their registered Mobile No. for the latest updates and information regarding the exam.