Government of Jammu and Kashmir, Services Selection Board, Sehkari Bhawan, Panama Chowk, Jammu
SUB:-Instructions for smooth conduct of written test.
The Written Test for 10+2 Level posts is being conducted on 21st of February, 2016 w.e.f 11.00 a.m to 01.30 p.m across the State. In order to ensure smooth conduct of Written Test, the following instructions are issued for Supervisory Staff and the aspring candidates as:-
- All the Supervisory Staff, including the Centre Supervisor must report in the examination venue one and half hour before conduct of the examination.
- Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets shall not be allowed to be carried inside the examination centres.
- The invigilators will check the original admit card and ID proof of the candidates before allowing them to enter the classroom or before distributing OMR sheets in the classroom. In case photograph is missing on admit card, the candidate needs to affix latest passport size photo and carry additional photo for pasting in the OMR attendance sheet. This should be verified with the Govt. ID proof of the candidate. No candidate should be allowed to sit in the examination without admit card.
- The distribution of the OMR must be done from front to back only in a row and incase the last Roll No. ends in the first row then next Roll No. will start from 1 desk in 2nd
- The invigilators will make following announcements in the class room before candidates start filling details in OMR answer sheet:-
- . Scratching, overwriting, tick-marks and multiple answers will be considered wrong.
- . Use only Blue or Black ball point pen for filling details in OMR Answer sheet. Use of pencil and gel-pen is not allowed.
- . Do not make any unnecessary marks on the OMR Sheet.
- Distribution of Question Booklet must be done in accordance with the seat allocation matrix. (Booklets will be pre-arranged in A, B, C & D series). Place one Q.B on each seat even if some candidates are absent.
- The invigilators shall make an announcement in their respective halls/rooms that the candidates should check their Question Paper before attempting to answer any question to ensure that there is no missing question or page, blank page, damaged or defaced page in their Question Booklet. Where a candidate has reported that he/she possesses such Question Paper, at any time during the Entrance Test, it shall be the responsibility of the Invigilator to replace such Question Booklet immediately with the same Question Booklet series from the buffer of Question Papers meant for this purpose.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in the Test Centre after 15 minutes of the commencement of the examination and no extra time be allowed to late comers.
- The examination is being vediographed. The supervisory staff shall announce in the examination centres, both orally as well as in writing that the examinees are under video surveillance.
- The Invigilators must also make announcements about the remaining time for examination frequently.
- The Centre Supervisors shall ensure that the supervisor staff remains vigilant and they do not remain engaged in side talking which disturbs examinees and also no mobile shall be carried inside the examination hall.
- The candidates will not be allowed to go wash room during the Entrance Test, except in emergency caused by ill health.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the classroom before the test time is over, irrespective of any reason whatsoever.
- The Invigilators shall ensure that the candidates have filled up all the relevant boxes and bubbles on the OMR Sheet with correct Roll Number, Series, Question Booklet number etc before signing OMR Sheet.
- There is a bubble for absentee candidates on attendance sheet. The Invigilators shall ensure that this bubble is darkened if the candidate is absent.
- The Invigilators shall ensure that all the candidates present in the classroom have marked their attendance on the attendance sheets by putting his or her signature against his/her name.
- The Invigilators shall give an account of the candidates present and absent which must necessarily tally with the actual number of the students present and absent.
- The Bar Code of the OMR (Answer Sheet) as well as Roll No. of the candidate may or may not vary which will have no impact on performance of the candidate. The performance of the candidate is purely dependent upon their responses on the OMR by way of proper bubbling as per the guide-lines.
- The candidate must bubble only one option in response to each question. No marks shall be given/earmarked for questions for which candidate has responded more than one option.
- Candidate shall not be allowed to carry any calculators, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, papers, notes, book, scanning devices, pagers, headphone, earplugs, laptops, i-pad, table pc and / or other computing/communication devices into written test venue. Candidates found using or possessing such unauthorized materials, indulging in copying or impersonation or adopting unfair means are liable to be summarily disqualified and may also be subjected to penal action.
- Candidates must abstain from obtaining any kind of unfair assistance.
- Candidates shall enter alongwith card board in the examination hall for their convenience.
- Physically challenged candidates with locomotor disability shall properly be allotted/accommodated centres in the ground floor for appearing in the examination.