Government of Jammu & Kashmir
Directorate of Tribal Affairs J&K Srinagar
Subject: Applications are invited from those Scheduled Tribe students who have not submitted their applications on National Scholarship Portal for Grant of Post-Matric Scholarship for the year 2015-16.
Fresh/Renewal applications on prescribed proforma are invited from those Scheduled Tribe students who have not submitted their applications on National Scholarship Portal for Grant of Post-Metric Scholarship for the year 2015-16 whose Parents/Guardian’s income does not exceed to Rs. 2,50,000/- Per Annum studying within and outside State of Jammu and Kashmir but within Country.
The Scholarship includes Maintenance Allowance, Tuition Fee for which Bank Account (16 digit Account Number) must be opened by the beneficiaries preferably Jammu & Kashmir Bank, as the amount of Scholarship shall be transferred in to these accounts through D.B.T mode, and all compulsory non- refundable fee but excludes refundable fee and Pocket Money, Mess Charges, Library Deposits, Bus Deposit etc.) payable by the student, studying in Government or Private Institutions, which are recognized by the Government/ UGC/ Board of Technical Education and similar statutory Professional Councils of India for recognized courses and as per fee structure approved by the Government.
The application forms, duly recommended by the Head of the concerned Institution, should be accompanied with certificates/documents mentioned hereunder and submit to this Directorate at Sanik Colony Sector-D Jammu by or before 11-03-2016.
- One passport Size photograph to be pasted on Application form duly attested by the Head of the Institution,
- Permanent Residence Certificate (State Subject)
- Parents/Guardian’s Income Certificate (In Original from the Concerned Tehsildar in case of students whose Parents/Guardian’s are non-Government Employees). In case of Government Employees, Salary Certificate issued by the concerned Drawing and Disbursing Officers is to be attached. The Income certificate should be of current year with No. and Date.
- Category Certificate (Scheduled Tribe) of concerned student from competent authority.
- Payment of receipt of Fee in original of the concerned student issued by the Institution.
- Duly attested promotion certificates, if the student has passed the previous examination for which Scholarship is already received (Renewal Case).
- Hosteller or Non-Hosteller Certificate, issued by the Institution.
- In case of private Institutions, documentary proof of Recognition by Central / State Government / UGC / State board of Technical Education /IMIELIT (DOEACC)/ Statutory Professional Councils to be attached.
- Affidavit by the student as per Specimen given in the application form.
- Attested photocopy of Pass-Book
The application forms without recommendation of Additional District Development Commissioner concerned at appropriate place in the application form shall not be entertained.
The grant of Scholarship is subject to the following conditions:
- Mere filling of application forms will construe no right on the student that he will be granted Scholarship,
- Preference will be given to the Government Institutions.
- Scholarship will be restricted to availability of funds.
- The applicant should also furnish his Bank Account as per the revised DBT format enclosed.
The application forms of the students of Kashmir Division including Leh/Kargil and Jammu Division pursuing various courses Out Side the State shall submit their application forms, complete in all respects, through the Head of the concerned Institution to the Offices of Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Kashmir (Zum-Zum Hotel Complex, Rambagh Srinagar) and (52-IA, Green Avenue East Extension Trikuta Nagar Jammu) respectively by or before 11-02-2016.