Online Scholarship for Transgender Students.
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is providing scholarships to Transgender students studying in classes IX and X till post-graduation to reduce the incidence of drop-out and aid the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage through an automated online system using a single login credential on the portal i.e.https:// transgender.dosje.gov.in
|Receiving Applications from Transqender Persons on the portal
||15th March 2022 to 30th June 2022
|Correction window for students
||1st July 2022 to 10th July 2022
|Declaration of list of awardees
||20th July 2022
|Disbursement of Scholarships
||15th August 2022
- The student should have a Transgender Certificate issued through the National Portal for Transgender person of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- The scholarships are open to Indian Nationals only.
- The candidate should not be receiving any other central or state government funded Pre-Matric/Post-matric Scholarship. The candidate can however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Self-attested passport size photograph of the student.
- Transgender Identity Certificate issued through National portal for transgender person of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- A declaration by the parents/guardians, stating that their ward is not availing such scholarship in any other scheme of Centre/ State Government for education.
- Certificate of previous academic year’s mark sheet attested by Institute.
- Self-attested copy of Aadhar Card.
- Transfer certificate in case the student has migrated to another Institute.
- Institute verification form duly attested by the school/college/institute.
- Applicants are advised to apply online on the website of National Portal for Transgender at-fhttps: / /transqender.dosie.aov.inT
- User Manual for filling online Scholarships applications is available on the National Portal for Transgender Persons homepage.
- Students are advised to provide Aadhar linked bank account to facilitate payments through Aadhar Payment Bridge.
Whom to contact
Directorate of Social Welfare Jammu/Concerned District Social Welfare Officers
For more information visit https://transgender.dosje.gov.in/
Call: 011-23386981 Email: [email protected]