Government of Jammu & Kashmir
Directorate of Social Welfare, Kashmir
Subject: Applications are invited under Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Dr. Ambedkar Post-matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC) students for the year 2015-16.
Applications are invited from the students belonging to Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) of Kashmir Province pursuing education under Post-matric in Govt./Govt. recognized private Institutions recognized by the Government/UGC/Board of Technical Education and similar Statutory Professional Councils of India for recognized, courses, to be awarded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt, of India.
It is for the information of the students that the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has launched a new Scheme called Dr. Ambedkar Post-matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) who are not covered under any category i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PCP/Pahari/ Others and whose annual family income is less than Rs. 1.00 lacs.
Objective of the Scheme:
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Economically Backward Class (EBC) students studying at Post-matriculation or Post-Secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to General Category (Other than SC/ST/OBC/PCP/Pahari/others) and the total income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians in case of unemployed candidate shall not exceed Rs. 1.00 lac per annum. The application form shall be attached with following documents:-
01. One passport size photograph self attested.
02. Permanent Residence Certificate (State Subject Certificate).
03. Parents/Guardians current income certificate, in original, from the concerned Tehsildar (in case of students whose parents/guardians are not Government employees). In case of wards of Government employees, salary certificate issued by the concerned Drawing and Disbursing Officers.
04. Payment of Receipt of Fee or authorization for being sponsored by the Institution under above said category/scheme issued by the Institution.
05. Valid Hosteller or Non-Hosteller Certificate issued by the Institution.
06. In case of the students pursuing various academic/professional courses in Private recognized Institutions, the documentary proof of recognition by Central / State Govt./UGC/State Board of Technical Education/Statutory Professional Councils.
07. Attested Fee structure duly approved by Central/State Government (in case of Private recognized Institutions).
The grant of scholarship is subject to the following:
I. Mere filling of application form will construe no right on the student that he/ she will be granted scholarship.
II. Preference will be given to the Government Institutions.
III. Scholarship will be restricted to availability of funds and also the merit and income.
IV. In case of professional courses under the scheme, the scholarship will be available to only those students who are admitted against ‘free seats’ whether in Government or private institutions on the basis of the marks obtained in 12″’ standard.
V. In case of Private, recognized Institutions where the genuinely eligible students are perusing various professional/academic course the institutions shall have to furnish the performance report of last three years to the concerned DSWO.
VI. The income limit prescribed for Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) is Rs. 1.00 lac per annum.
Applications on the prescribed format appended as “Annexure ‘‘A” alongwith all requisite documents and duly recommended by the Head of concerned Institution shall be submitted by the students to the concerned head of the Institutions/Principals by or before 15-09-2015. The Head of the Institution shall prepare the consolidated list strictly as per Annexure “B’ and forward the same alongwith application forms to the District Social Welfare Officer concerned by or before 30-09-2015.
However, the students pursuing various recognized courses outside the State can submit their application forms, complete in all respects, through the Head of the concerned Institution to Directorate of Social Welfare, Kashmir, Old Secretariat, Srinagar, by or before 30-09-2015.
# No application form shall be entertained after expiry of the scheduled date.
# (Income certificate with cutting/mutation will lead to rejection of Application forms.)