Government of Jammu & Kashmir
Higher Education Department
CIVIL SECRETARIAT, JAMMU
Subject:- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme.
All the students who have taken admission to the institutions/ colleges outside the state of Jammu and Kashmir recognized by AICTE or approved under 12 -B of UGC Act are hereby informed that for their benefit / convenience, the replies to the Frequently Asked Questions related to release of Scholarship through DBT are given here under:-
Frequentlv asked question related to release of scholarship through DB F PART A FOR FRESH SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE AY 2015-16 Q. Where to contact for any query?
Ans: Any query related to JKSSS should be sent to following mail ID
ikadmission 201 S^aiete-india.oru
- Scholarship sanctioned is less than the claimed amount.
Ans. Following is the maximum ceiling for the scholarship under the scheme:
|Type of fee||Medical stream||Engineering|
|Tuition fee||Rs.3.00 Lakhs||Rs. 1.25 Lakhs||Rs.0.30 Lakhs|
|Hostel, Mess and Books and Stationary||Rs. 1.00 Lakh||Rs. 1.00 Lakh||Rs.1.00 Lakh|
The scholarship is restricted based on the tuition fec/hostel fee fixed by
the Fee Committee of the respective State, where student is studying and
uploaded receipts, whichever is less, Refundable fees paid by students are not
reimbursed under the scheme.
- I’have received only part of the scholarship amount, how to claim the
remaining amount of scholarship?
AnsJf a student has NOT Paid any fee to the college, Tuition fee is released as per the fee prescribed by the State Fee Committee and Hostel Fee for only one semester is released. Scholarship in all such cases will be released in two installments, Remaining fee will be released in second installment, during Cycle II in the month of January.
- I am not staying in College Hostel and uploaded the Rent Reasonability Certificate but not received any scholarship towards my accommodation and mess, What should I do?
Ans. Duly attested Receipts in support of Rent/Rent agreement and mess expenses should also to be uploaded alongwith the Rent Reasonability Certificate. In case such receipts are not uploaded so far, the same may be uploaded when the Portal opens for cycle II in the month of January and then you will receive the amount as per ceiling mentioned earlier.
- Is it necessary that uploaded Bank details should have IFSC Code?
Ans: Yes, the IFSC code must be mentioned on the Pass Book alongwith account number.
- In case Bank Account is a joint account having my name, can I give that account for DBT?
Ans: No, Bank account must be on the name of beneficiary only and it should be a no frill account.
- Is it mandatory to have same name in the bank account, as it is in my class XII certificate?
Ans: Yes, Both name in the bank account and class XII certificate must be same, please be careful and ensure this.
- 1 have received message that my application for scholarship is approved for DBT, but scholarship amount has not been credited to my account.
Ans: It normally takes 2-3 working days to transfer the money from bank to the account of the beneficiary.
- I have taken admission on my own in Engineering course. Am I eligible for scholarship under the scheme?
Ans. All such students, who have taken admission on their own in Centrally funded institutes such as IITs, NITs or AICTE approved institutions with at least one course accredited by NBA are only eligible for scholarship.
- I have taken admission on my own in a General course. Am I eligible for scholarship under the scheme?
Ans: All such students who have taken admission on their own in Centrally funded institutes or institutions approved by UGC under section 12 B of UGC Act are only eligible for scholarship. Approval under 2f of UGC is not considered for scholarship but only 12B approved universities/colleges will be considered.
PART B- FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE AY 2015-16
- How to apply on AICTE Portal to create account for renewal of my
Ans: All the existing beneficiaries under the scheme should register at http://wwvv.aicte-ik-scholarship-gov.in/previous Year Email.php for obtaining a user name and password for login to AICTE Portal and then to submit application for renewal of scholarship.
- How to retrieve forgotten password created by me?
Ans: Go to the link of forgot password to retrieve your password.
- Where to contact for any query regarding renewal of my scholarship?
Ans: Query to be sent on ONE of the following e-mail IDs as per the year in which you became eligible for the scholarship.
- ikrenewall 2201 [email protected](ForY 2012-13)
- ikrenewall [email protected](ForY 2013-14)
- I have not received user name and ID to open my account for DBT.
Ans: User name and ID is being sent only to such students who arc receiving scholarship in previous years under the scheme:
- I have uploaded all documents but not received the scholarship amount.
Ans: Scholarship amount is processed only after receiving the all required documents on AICTE Portal from the student and the Utilization Certificate and Acknowledgement regarding the fund released for previous years from the Institution. In renewal cases, request the college authorities to send Utilization Certificate of earlier years to AICTE since colleges were receiving the amount on your behalf till last year.
- I am not staying in the Hostel, how to claim expenditure towards rent and mess charges?
Ans: Rent receipts/rent agreement and mess receipts duly attested by the College authority are to be uploaded alongwith the Rent Reasonability Certificate on AICTE Portal.
- How to claim for expenditure on Books and Stationary?
Ans: Duly attested Book receipts in the name of students detailing names of books purchased for the Academic year for which the scholarship is being claimed by the authorized signatory of the Institute to be uploaded on AICTE Portal.
- I have uploaded all documents but received a mail that uploaded documents arc unreadable, what 1 will have to do?
Ans: All such documents to be scanned and uploaded again, clearly showing all the information.