SCHOLARSHIPS For STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15
National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation (NHFDC), for and on behalf of Dept. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt, of India, invites applications from Students with Disabilities for award of Scholarships under the Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund) :-
• Under this scheme, 2500 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for Degree and Post Graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
• 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of nonavailability of female candidates.
Scholarships will be awarded on quarterly basis for the applications received in preceding quarter. Under this scheme, an advance copy of application should also be submitted online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) by the candidate.
• Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees restricted to the limit of fee of similar courses in Government/ Government -aided institutions. Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post-Graduate Courses in one academic year.
• Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses ® Rs.6,000/ per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
• Differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time).
• Monthly incomeof the beneficiary/parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25.000/-(Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
• A Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/ stipend for pursuing the course.
c? How to apply: – The applicant has to apply online (www.nhfdc.nic.in) and printed copy of the online filled application duly recommended by the Head of the Institution, where they are studying should reach to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, PHD House, 3rd Floor, Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi – 110016. It is to be noted that without a hard copy of application, a candidate’s application in soft copy will not be entertained. Applicants may apply any time in academic year for scholarship under this scheme.
^9 List of the enclosures along with the hard copy of the application:
(i) Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying
examination, (ii) Proof of annual income – Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent/guardian,
acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate e from revenue official/gazetted
officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials etc.; (iii) Attested copy of Disability certificate;
(iv) Course fee receipt Tf any. duly paid during the academic session; (v) Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of
the institution; (vi) In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the
(vii) Copy of the pass book of saving bank account and cancelled cheque.
> For further details. Please visit website of NHFDC “www.nhfdc.nic.in” or contact: NHFDC at Telephone
Nos. 011-40541355. 45088638 Fax no. Oil – 45088636, E-mail: nhfdctf(g)gmail.com