GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
SERVICES SELECTION BOARD
Zum Zum Hotel, Rambagh, Srinagar
It is notified for the information of the candidates, who have applied for below mentioned posts notified from time to time, that the Board is going to conduct the Objective Type Written Test during the Month of September 2015 for which the syllabus is appended to this notice at Annexure’W’
|Item No.||Adv. No.||Name of the Department||Name of the post||Cadre|
|55||02 of 2015||Planning and Dev.Department||Junior Statistical Assistant||State|
|58||02 of 2015||Planning and Dev. Department||Junior Statistical Assistant||Div. Kashmir|
|64||02 of 2015||Planninq and Dev. Department||Junior Statistical Assistant||Div. Jammu|
|039||01 of 2013||Ind. & Comm. Deptt.||Inspector Induscos||DivJmu|
|179||03 of 2012||Ind. & Com (Handicrafts)||Inspector INDUSCOS||Div. Kmr|
|761|||1 Oof 2013||Technical Education/YSS Department||Vocational Instructor (COPA trade)||DivJmu|
|258||joi of 2011||Industries & Commerce||Loan Inspector||Div Kashmir|
|211||03 of 2012||Ind. & Com (l&C)||Manager Central Market||DivJmu|
|293||01 of 2011||Technical Education||Vocational Instructor I.T & E.S.M||Div Kashmir|
|279||01 of 2011||Technical Education||Vocational Instructor Software Application||Div Kashmir|
|274||!6l of 2011||Technical Education||Vocational Instructor COPA||Div Kashmir|
Sd/(S.A Raina), KAS, Secretary,
J&K Services Selection Board, Srinagar
Marks:-150 Time:-2:30 Hours
Syllabus for Written test (Objective Type) for the post of the above said posts.
Marks :-150 Time2.30 Hours
SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN TEST
(1. in Science)
(2. in Literature)
(3. in Sports)
(1. in Science)
(2. in Literature)
(3. in Sports)
- The world of Sports
- Climate& Crops in India.
- Democratic institutions
- Forms of Government
- Political & Physical divisions of world & India
- Important rivers & Lakes in India.
- Current Events of National and International Level.
- Role of Mathematics in Economics.
- Agriculture in economic development; Industrialization and economic development.
- Indian Foreign Trade
- New economic reforms and growth of foreign trade.
- Inflation – Concept and types; Causes and consequences
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO J&K
- Abbreviations, Important dates, popular names of personalities and their achievements/Contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State Economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
- Primary and secondary data,
- Methods of collecting primary data and
- Preparation of questionnaires-
- Tabulation and compilation of data.
- Measures of central Tendency.
- Theory of probability
- Correlation and Regression- Concept and simple applications.
- Theory of Attributes- Basic concepts and their applications
- Sampling techniques- Simple Radom Sampling (with and without replacement), Stratified Sampling.
- Sampling and non- Sampling errors
- Analysis of Time Series components
- Theory of Index Numbers: Tests of Index numbers- Wholesale and Consumer price Index numbers.
- Demography-Census, its features and functions.
- Vital Statistics- Measures of fertility, Crude fertility rates, specific fertility rates, gross and net reproduction rates, measures of Mortality
General Economics 30 Marks
- Meaning, Scope and methodology,
- Theory of consumers demand using indifference curve technique.
- Demand Analysis.
- Factor Pricing:- Marginal Productivity Theory & Recardian Theory of Rent
- Pricing under various forms of Market.
- Factors of production: factors of production & laws of Production.
- Concept of economic growth and its measurement
- Characteristics and problems of developing economy.
- Rationale of Planning in Developing Countries.
- Objectives & Strategies of Indian Planning.
- Five Year Plans
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- Inflation & Deflation
- Concepts of National Income
Knowledge of Computer Applications
- Fundamentals of computer sciences,
- Hardware & Software, Concept of Open Source Technologies
- Input & Output Devices,
- Flowcharts and Algorithms
- Operating System:- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power-Point ,PDF,
- Internet & E-mail
- Concept of Computer Virus & latest Anti-Virus.
- Terms and Abbreviations used in IT
Principles of Business Management
- Nature Scope and Significance of Management.
- The process of Management
- Process of Control: Production Planning & Control, Quality Control, Inventory Control, Budgetary Control and Cost Control. PERT, CPM and GNATT Charts.
- Personnel Management: Definition, meaning and Scope, Performance appraisal, Evaluation and Monitoring, Human Resource Planning.
- Marketing Management: Definition, Meaning and Scope, Marketing Environment in India, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Strategies, Challenges of Marketing In India, Social Responsibilities & Marketing Ethics.
- Financial Management: Definition, meaning and Scope, Financial Statement Analysis:, Income & Expenditure Statement, Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Ratio Analysis, Working Capital Analysis.
- Taxation- Meaning, Classification and Principles of taxation.
- Public Finance: Nature Scope and Importance of Public Finance.
- Registration of Companies- Memorandum of Associations, Articles of Associations, Mergers, Acquisition, Diversification, Expansion.
- Zero Based Budgeting & Performance Budgeting.
- Indian Financial System.
- Set Theory – Basic Concepts & Applications.
- Matrices & Determinants, Simultaneous Linear Equations- Cramer’s Rule.
- Analytical Geometry.
- Differentiation- Basic Concepts (Addition, Product & Chain rule)
- Integration- Reduction & Substitution Method.
- Differential Equations.
- Interpolation & Extrapolation.
General Knowledge And Current Affairs
- Important dates in Indian History / Freedom struggle, different dates and events.
- First in world (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- First in India (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- Popular names of Personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History)
- The Newspaper world – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India).
- Books & Authors – General
- Capitals & Currencies.
- United Nations Organisations – Veto Powers No. of Countries as its Members. Principal organs and their functions.
- SAARC, ASEAN.
- Everyday Science
- World famous Awards –