Grant of Scholarship to ST students under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Post-Matric Scholarship to ST students” for the year 2019-20.
NOTIFICATION Vide this Office Notification under No: DTA/PMS/2019-20/1581-98 Dated: 21-062019,
Online applications were invited from students belonging to “Scheduled Tribe” community of Jammu & Kashmir for grant of Post-Matric Scholarship, who are pursuing their studies in different Government/Private Recognized Educational Institutions within and outside J & K Union Territory, during the year 2019-20 whose parents/guardians income does not exceed Rs. 2.50 Lakhs per annum from all sources. Keeping in view the prevailing situation in J&K, those students who could not apply for post-Matric Scholarship through online mode due to blockage of internet facility in J&K, can apply through Offline mode on prescribed proforma. The application forms accompanied with the certificates/documents mentioned hereunder shall be deposited to the concerned Head of the Institution by or before 31st of December 2019. Those ST students who have successfully applied for Scholarship through on-line mode on “National Scholarship Portal” need not apply. However, they must submit their hard copies of on-line application forms along-with requisite documents to the concerned Head of the Institutions immediately with the prescribed date. The Head of the Institutions shall consolidate the list of the eligible applicants both (On-line & Off-line) as desired on prescribed format and after proper verification and scrutiny shall submit the soft copy as well as hard copy of the list along-with application forms to the Office of the Deputy Director, Tribal Affairs, Jammu (JKPCC, Building 1st Floor, Panama Chowk Jammu) and Deputy Director, Tribal Affairs, Kashmir (Sulieman Complex 2nd Floor Dalgate, Srinagar) by or before 10th of January, 2020. Note: No hard copy of online application form as well as offline application form shall be entertained directly from the student by the Directorate and Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Offices Jammu/Kashmir.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Mere filling of the application forms of Post-Matric Scholarship will not construe right of the student that he will be granted Scholarship.
- Preference shall be given to the Government Institutions.
- Scholarship will be restricted to availability of funds.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of Education are studying in the same stage of Education in a different subject e.g. B.Com after B.Aor M.Aafter M.Sc in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their Educational career in one Professional line, wish to study for another Profession e.g., LLB after B.T/B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- Students pursuing Post-Graduate courses in Medicines will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their Courses.
- A Scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other Scholarship/stipend.
- If a student is found to have obtained a Scholarship by false statements, his/her Scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the Scholarship paid will be recovered. The Student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for Scholarship in any Scheme forever.
- A scholarship awarded may be cancelled if the Scholars change the subject of the course of study for which the Scholarship was originally awarded.
- A Scholar is liable to refund the Scholarship amount at the discretion of the Government, if during the Course of the year, the studies for which the Scholars has been awarded, is discontinued by him/her.
DOCUMENTS/CERTIFICATES TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM:
i) One passport size photograph to be pasted on Application form duly attested by the Head of the Institution.
ii) Parents/Guardian’s Income certificate indicating income from all sources (In Original from concerned Tehsildar). In-case Parent is a Government Employee, income certificate must include the Salary and Income from all other resources. Caste Certificate (Scheduled Tribe) from competent authority.
iii) Receipt of Fee in Original issued by the Institution.
iv) Attested promotion certificates, (Renewal case only).
v) Hosteller Certificate issued by the Institution/Warden.