GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
PRINCIPAL DIRECTORATE, DEFENCE ESTATES, NORTHERN COMMAND,
Applications are invited in prescribed format (given below) from Indian nationals only for 08 post of Sub Divisional Officer Grade-I and 05 posts of Sub Divisional Officer Grade-III in various offices of Defence Estates Department. The eligibility conditions, vacancy position and other details are as follows:-
Must have attained age of 18 years and must not have attained age of 32 years.
- Degree in Civil Engineering Or
- Diploma in Civil Engineering and atleast 03 years experience in the respective field.
Sub-Divisional Officer, Grade-Ill, (Group ‘C’) Non gazetted)
Rs. 5200-20200/- + Grade Pay 2400/-
Must have attained age of 18 years and must not have attained age of 27 years.
- Matriculation or Equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate of a registered/re- cognized institute in surveying/Draftsmanship (Civil) of not less than 02 years.
Note: Gen-General, OBC-Other Backward Classes, SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribe, PH-Physically Handicapped (HH-Hearing Handicapped), ESM-Ex-Serviceman.
- AGE RELAXATION
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years for SC & ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for physically handicapped candidates.
- Departmental Candidates with 03 years continuous service can apply up to age of 40 years. Additional relaxation as per (i) above will be available to Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
- The relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K
- Persons claiming relaxation under (iii) to produce a certificate from District Magistrate that they have domiciled in J&K from 1st Jan 1980 to 31″ Dec. 1989.
- Age relaxation for any other category of persons will be governed as per the orders issued by the Government from time to time.
- The candidates selected for appointment are liable to serve anywhere in India.
- There will be a written test/skill test totaling 150 marks. The test paper will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English. The components of written test will be as under:-
(i) Technical Knowledge – 110 Marks (ii) General Knowledge/General aptitude – 15 Marks (iii)General English – 15 Marks
- Shortlisted candidates will be given skill test in handling (ElectronicTotal Station) ETS and other practical aspects of Land Survey of 10 marks.
- The written test and skill test will be held at Jammu.
- Last date for receipt of application form is 30.01.2016. Candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Laddakh, Sub Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti, District of Pangi Sub Division of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep are given two weeks extra time to submit the applications i.e. till 15.02.2016.
- Eligible candidates will be called to appear for written test/skill test and Date, time and venue of the written test will be separately intimated to the candidates. No TA/DA will be paid.
- A reserve panel of 3 candidates will be drawn against each category and the said panel will be valid as per extent Govt, instructions in this regard. It is specified that being on the panel does not bestow any right for appointment.
- The application in prescribed proforma be sent by ordinary post only at the address given below. A Self addressed post card with Rs. 51- postage stamp affixed should be sent for sending acknowledgement of application.
EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT
- Candidates are advised to remit Rs. 100/- by Demand Draft in favour of Principal Director, Defence Estates, Northern Command, Jammu Cantt. payable at State Bank of India, Satwari Branch, Jammu. Fee is exempted for SC/ST & Women Candidates.
- Two self addressed envelopes of size 10 cms X 22cms affixed with Rs. 51- postal stamp each are required to be attached alongwith the application.
- Two passport size photographs duly self attested (One is to be affixed on the form and other to be enclosed with the application).
- Incomplete application without relevant documents, fee (if applicable) signature or received after due date will be summarily rejected. Demand Draft of rejected applications will not be returned).
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- A candidate desirous to apply for both the posts should invariably submit separate forms and fees.
- Application form is printed below. Application form can also be downloaded from the websites of the following offices:-
Director General, Defence Estates, New Delhi: www.dgde.gov.in