JKPSC Syllabus for Written Test for the post of Veterinary Assistant Surgeons.
Syllabus for Written Test for the post of Veterinary Assistant Surgeons in Animal & Sheep Husbandry Department.
A. Questions to the subjects.
The detailed Syllabus shall be as under;
Animal Husbandry: General:
Importance of livestock In Agriculture. Relationship between Plant and Animal Husband, Mixed farming Lrvestock and milk production statistics
Genetics: Elements of genetics and breeding as applied to improvement of animals, fitments, of genetics and exotic cattle, buffaloes, goats, sheeps, pigs and poultry and their potential of milk. eggs, meat and wool production.
Nutrition: Classification of feeds, feeding standards, computation of ration and Viking, of rations, conservation of feeds and fodder.
Management: Management of livestock (Pregnant and making cows, young stock), k-vestock records, principles or dean milk production, economies of livestock farming livestock housing.
1. Major contagious diseases affecting cattle and drought animals, poultry and pigs.
2. Artificial insemination, fertility and sterility.
3. Veterinary hygiene with reference to water, air and habitation.
4. Principles of immunization and vaccination.
5. Oescnpbon, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases of.
(a) Cattle. Anthrax, foot and mouth disease. Hemorrhagic. Septicemia. Rinderpest. Black quarter. Tympanitis. Diarrhea. Pneumonia, Tuberculosis. Johnes disease and diseases of newborn calf.
(b) Poultry: Coccidiosis, Ranikhet Fowl Pox, Avian leukosis. Marks Disease.
c) Swine; Swine fever.
6. (a) Poisons used for killing annuls.
(b) Drugs used for doping of race horses and the techniques of detection.
(c) Drugs used to tranquilized wild animals as well as animals in captivity.
(d) Quarantine measures prevalent in India and abroad and Improvements therein.
1. Study of milk composition, physical properties and food value.
2. Qualty control of milk common tests, legal standards.
3. Utensils and equipment and their cleaning,
4. Organization of Dairy, processing of mils and distribution.
4. Manufacture of Indian indigenous milk products
5. Sample dairy operations
6. Micro-organisms found In milk and dairy products 8. Diseases transmitted through milk to man.
B. Questions relating to General Knowledge
Questions on General Knowledge shall comprise National Affairs, J&K Affairs and questions relevant to the subject.
It is further notified that:
No of questions shall be 120 out of which 100 shall be on the subject matter las per syllabus and 20 questions on General Knowledge
Questions shall be of Multiple choice with one correct answer.
Time duration shall be 2 hours,
Papers shall be In English.